Clean skin has always been something that I wanted once acne decided to invade my pores. Now that I have less frequent acne spouts and my skin has started to recover from the years of picking at my acne, I have been more conscious of how I take care of my skin. Here are some tips and tricks to keeping your skin clean and happy.
- Keeping Your Hair Out of Your Face. There is nothing worse than the clusters of small acne that appears near the temples and outer rim of your face. I have noticed that when my hair hasn’t been washed in a day or two that it causes me acne. So, once I get back to my house I toss my hair up and wash my face as soon as possible.
- Washing Your Face Twice a Day. Once in the morning and once in the shower. I have a Clarisonic Mia 2 now so I use that in the morning. In the shower at night I use a cleanser and scrub.
- Moisturize As Needed. I don’t moisturize everyday because I don’t like to put too much on my skin. I do put sunscreen on everyday to keep my dark spots and hyperpigmentation from continuing.
- Cleaning Makeup Brushes and Sponges. I bought a makeup sponge and it has helped me immensely from touching my face and it applies makeup beautifully! I always try to clean my makeup brushes and sponges before I leave but when I get back I will do it too.
- Face Towel On Pillow. I have said this before and I will say it again. Use a face pillow or multiple pillow cases. I move when I sleep so if my hair is not freshly washed, I will change it out once my hair is squeaky clean. A face towel also helps prevent acne from forming while you sleep.