Don’t throw away those burnt candles just yet! I have the perfect DIY that can add a nice touch for any location.
What you will need:
1. An old candle, preferably a large container.
2. Paint of your choice. I used Americana’s Coral Blush.
3. Painter’s tape.
4. A paint brush.
5. Something to lay over your work space. I just used from craft paper I had lying around.
6. Rubbing alcohol and cotton balls (see step 4).
- If you still have wax in the candle, use a candle warmer or place in the microwave (under supervision) and clean the container.
- Start by taping how many chevrons you would like. I decided to just go with the shape of the candle jar and made three points.
- Paint as many coats as needed to make the chevron pattern opaque.
- Any mistakes? Use some rubbing alcohol to clean up the bottom in case there was any bleeding from the paint.
Yipee! You now have a lovely chevron jar that can hold a lot of things! If you are placing a lot of sharp objects into the jar, you can hot glue a circle of felt inside so that it will have a layer of protection.
Tag me if you make this! Social media on the sidebar.