Eating healthy doesn’t always have to be juice cleanses or skipping meals or even going vegetarian. I have 5 tips to eating healthier that have helped me live a healthier life so far.
- Salad with fish. I love salad but it can be kind of bland when you have only veggies, so I like to add salmon. Fish is much lighter and cheaper in bulk. I haven’t purchased fresh fish before but I know that it tastes much better. I stick with the frozen fish that comes in a pack of 4+ and it works just fine for me. I season the fish myself so that it has a nice flavor.
- Veggie noodles. My sister introduced me to “zoodles” or zucchini noodles and they taste just like pasta. I think that this is a great alternative that you can prep in advance on the weekend to use during the week. I love veggie noodles because they are great to eat cold too.
- Carbonated water. Carbonated water is much healthier for someone who just loves soda. I love the taste of carbonated water with fresh fruit, it tastes nice and fresh and the leftover fruit is a great snack.
- Smoothies for breakfast. Bacon, eggs, cheese, bagels, etc. There are so many breakfast items that are savory but can create health problems. So, to lessen how much of it you eat a week, why not try a hearty smoothie? There are so many healthy recipes out there and you can make them in advance and drink them throughout the week.
- Mushrooms to replace protein. I love mushrooms, specifically baby bella, and they have a great texture. I love the mix of green peppers, onions, and mushrooms together.
-The Mermaid Network