Hello ShopaHAULics, Tiffany here and I am going to talk about the much raved about Beauty Blender. I don’t actually own the original Beauty Blender, but I have bought some knock offs from Forever 21 and other places to get an idea of what I could be getting with a legit Beauty Blender.
I love them. I cannot tell you enough how amazing my makeup looks. I am talking, near flawless. I used to put on foundation with my fingers or a brush. I hated how my face looked streaky with a brush and blotchy with my fingers. So, when I bought a cheap version at Forever 21…I may have bought a couple. I am going to just go over the pros and cons of a beauty blender, even if you buy a knock off, like me. There is nothing wrong with that because even $20 for a sponge that you will eventually have to throw away, even after cautious care, is a lot of money.
– Blends makeup really well.
– The shape allows you to cover wider spaces like the forehead and sensitive areas like the eyes.
– Helps give a “flawless” effect.
– Depending on the sponge you buy, it can be a easy or hard ride to clean the foundation out of the sponge.
– Finding a place for it to dry. Because I bought a knock off, it doesn’t come with the fancy container that the real Beauty Blender does, you have to get creative or find a container that you can balance the sponge while it dries.
-Finding a place to store this since I have no case. I kind of gave up and just store it in with my clean brush bag, it is fine.
– It can take a long time for all of the water to evaporate from the sponge. I noticed that with the knock off that it took about a day or two to become fully dry. If you are using it daily, it should be fine, but I don’t wear makeup every single day, so I just noticed as it got smaller. Even if you don’t shell out $20, there are so many companies that have good knock offs, even Forever 21 had really good ones. I definitely recommend trying one out and seeing the difference because it is awesome. Not to mention that you can use these sponges for more than just foundation!
-The Mermaid Network